One of the key elements on my American Lean Weekday podcast is the weekly interviews that I conduct with companies on their Lean Journey. These companies are from various industries and are all different sizes. I have interviewed leaders from family-owned businesses to multi-national organizations. This week is a little different, I share the mic with Jerry Solomon, a former VP of Operations, author, and Lean Accounting expert.
These are some key points taken from my interview with Lean accounting expert Jerry Solomon.
- I was asked to move from the COO position to running operations. What a difference. I went from being a provider of information to a consumer and saw some big problems.
- “We felt people in offices working on spreadsheets know better. It doesn’t work that way! I saw how excited people can get, how they want to help us solve problems”
- “People want to know the score and Lean accounting helps.“
- “We did everything on our Lean journey, 5, setup reduction, then you realize you need to take it seriously. We implemented four value streams from beginning to end. Changed financial reporting.”
- “We empowered the people to run the business, put visuals in place.”
- “We tripled the growth rate in that part of the business.”
To hear Jerry’s interview please join us on the podcast at Americanlean.com episode fifty-two.
As always, it is an honor to serve you and I hope that you and your company are getting better every day!
Follow me on Twitter
Join me on LinkedIn
Listen to the podcast here