One of the key elements on my American Lean Weekday podcast is the weekly interviews that I conduct with companies on their Lean Journey. These companies are from various industries and are all different sizes. I have interviewed leaders from family-owned businesses to multi-national organizations. These are keynotes from a conversation with Mike Stankus, Chief Revenue Officer at Paperless Parts.
Paperless Parts is a secure cloud-based quoting platform that allows collaboration and quoting quickly and easily. It resides outside your ERP system and provides enormous analytic capabilities measuring win/loss performance and other information for busy business owners.
These are some key points taken from my interview with Mike:
- Mike has been a sales leader in the technology space for the last 30 years. He has built companies to over $200 million in sales. He liked the mission and what he saw at paperless parts and joined the company.
- Everyone we talk to is aware technology can improve their business. Companies we talk to want to automate their quoting and also use the platform to make better decisions.
- Our client base ranges from mom and pop shops to shops that are hundreds of millions in sales.
- W Machine works is a successful company that is using paperless parts to capture their tribal knowledge.
- The primary thing companies are looking to do is turn around quotes faster with greater accuracy. Additional benefits include better collaboration using secure chat and tracking comments all along the process.
- Data analytics is another key benefit customers are looking for. We track quote time and show customers a win rate by turnaround time, by material type, by the customer, by lot size.
- Paperless parts makes the quoting user experience better by extracting dimensional information from the drawing or model and uses that to populate a quote.
- Our mission is great. We are helping American manufacturers, many family-owned businesses improve their competitiveness
More show notes are here