One of the key elements on my American Lean Weekday podcast is the weekly interviews that I conduct with companies on their Lean Journey. These companies are from various industries and are all different sizes. I have interviewed leaders from family-owned businesses to multi-national organizations. These are keynotes from a conversation with Ben Griner from PerSyst Consulting.
PerSyst Consulting was founded in 2005 and located in Seattle, Washington is a nationally recognized consulting organization focused on organizational change, vision alignment, processes, and systems most importantly, digital transformation.
These are some key points taken from my interview with the President, Ben Griner.
- When you add hardware or software to a business transformation, it becomes a digital transformation. We evaluate a companies ability to perform a digital transformation on three things: If they have the operational competence to know what they want. Does the organization have the ability to keep sustained continuous improvement? Do they have the technical capability to leverage what they want to change in their business?
- Nike had one of the most successful connected devices launches ever recorded. It changed the nature of connected devices.
- Disney deploys a similar method with their magic band changing the face of consumer delight.
- Carnival Cruise line deployed their Medallion project allowing the cruise line to better manage employees, manage food and beverage, schedule employees better. This also allowed them to increase upsells and improve revenue while enhancing the guest experience. The results we astounding!
- Then look at oil and gas. They want to know how to anticipate maintenance on equipment. We can add technology to old environments. Technology provides all kinds of options even in remote places. In the case of our oil client, they saved hundreds of millions of dollars in improved operational efficiency and improved maintenance.
Reach out to PerSyst Consulting if you need excellent support for your digital transformation!
Follow me on Twitter
Join me on LinkedIn
Listen to the podcast here