Lean accounting may not sound very exciting, but this podcast episode with Jerry Solomon brings all kinds of energy and excitement!
Jerry shares how he moved from an accounting role into VP of Operations roles and shares the struggles of getting business performance information that employees can use to make improvements.
These are some key points taken from my interview with Lean accounting expert Jerry Solomon.
- I was asked to move from the COO position to running operations. What a difference. I went from being a provider of information to a consumer and saw some big problems.
- “We felt people in offices working on spreadsheets know better. It doesn’t work that way! I saw how excited people can get, how they want to help us solve problems”
- “People want to know the score an Lean accounting helps.“
- “We did everything on our Lean journey, 5, setup reduction, then you realize you need to take it seriously. We implemented four value streams from beginning to end. Changed financial reporting.”
- “We empowered the people to run the business, put visuals in place.”
- “We tripled the growth rate in that part of the business.”
To hear Jerry’s interview please join us on the podcast at Americanlean.com episode fifty-two.
As always, it is an honor to serve you and I hope that you and your company are getting better every day!
More show notes are here